Download Advert >>>> KAP PROJECT OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION (1)
Position: Project Officer- Kwale
Reporting Line: Programs Manager
Duty Station: Kwale
Deadline: 15th January 2024
Starting date: February 2024
STRETCHERS YOUTH ORGANIZATION OVEVIEW
Stretchers Youth Organization is a membership, Youth-led community-based organization that was founded in 2011 to enhance and promote a healthy, equal, just and inclusive environment for youths through capacity building, advocacy and information sharing for sustainable development. We have three thematic areas as stated health & wellbeing, democracy & good governance, human rights & gender mainstreaming. The organization works in the coastal counties of Kenya with a partial presence in Nairobi, Kisumu, and Siaya counties. We are guided by our vision which states “A healthy society where every youthful voice counts”
KAP PROJECT OVERVIEW
Kujenga Amani Pamoja (Building Peace Together) is a 36 months regional project funded by the European Union and implemented in Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique. The regional project is a consortium project led by We World-GVC (WW-GVC), with its two affiliated entities (We World Kenya Foundation and We World Tanzania), with co-applicants; 4H Tanzania and TABUFO (Tanzania), Stretchers Youth Organization, SYO (Kenya) and Conselho Nacional do Voluntariado, CNV (Mozambique).
KAP project addresses an overall objective: Aware and mobilized young women and men living in the coastal bordering areas of Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique act as peace builders and agents of positive change.
It addresses specific objective: young women and men-led networks and organizations (formal and informal) actively practice and disseminate learning on building peace, preventing conflicts and promoting inclusion within peace-centered Swahili cultural practices in Kenya (Kwale county), Tanzania (Tanga and Mtwara regions) and Mozambique (Cabo Delgado and Nampula provinces).
Kujenga Amani Project -PROJECT OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Track/monitor day-to-day progress against project milestones and activities, against scheduled work plans and overall project objectives; Support implementing partners to engage with stakeholders at expected level throughout the project implementation. Ensure practical coordination of assigned areas of project activities and in order to meet expected results. Contribute to the annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year end outputs. Ensure close monitoring of activities and disbursements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Definition of the activities operational plan in line with the project design, timetable and financial resources
- Coordination and supervision of the activities in the target region of Kwale with frequent missions in the field
- Procurement of goods & services in compliance with both EU, We World-GVC and SYO procedures
- Logistics: supervision of field offices, vehicles and other project assets
- Identification of possible budget and operational plan adjustments, and arrangement of the documentation required by the donor for approval
- Management of the operational and institutional relations with project’s partners, associates and stakeholders as well as with the donor and local authorities
- Overseeing the development of the Communication and Advocacy Plan to be presented to the EU and followed throughout the project
- Maintaining the institutional relationship with the European Union and with the relevant government departments in each country.
- Monitoring of activities implementation and of results/objectives achievement through frequent field visits, meetings with partners and stakeholders, data collection and analysis
- Monitoring the financial flows of the project, actual and forecasted expenses against budget, budget control and preparation of requests of budget amendment, if needed; procurement procedures
- Setting up and monitoring of periodic (monthly) internal reporting to be filled in by partners and project staff
- Drawing up of narrative and financial reports, interim and final (in collaboration with SYO office) to be sent to the donor in compliance with agreed procedures and time schedule
- Identification and systematization of the lessons learnt and best practices of the project
- Identification of new project opportunities – to strengthen the intervention of Stretchers Youth Organization, especially in the thematic and geographic areas of the Project implementation
- Carrying out of need assessments and project proposal writing, in close cooperation with the We World County Representative.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- A degree in project management, peace and security, diplomacy or any other related degree course is highly encouraged.
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to write good reports.
- Good computer skills.
- At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 3 years of experience in project and programs coordination
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress conditions
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage effectively multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to SYO Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Good knowledge of Kwale county and its environs
- Female candidates highly recommended
- Previous experience in management of complex partnerships and in dealing with multi-stakeholder settings (local and international partners, universities, local authorities, donors, media, etc. at all levels)
Download Advert >>>> KAP PROJECT OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION (1)